2.6 inch tires and storage in the frame?!
Last year, the 2019 Fuel EX 29 inch model had 29×2.4 tires and no storage in the frame.
It’s really a different bike, even if much of the intended riding you may want to use this bike for will overlap with the capability of the Stumpjumper, but this bike has many features that have remained unique to the Fuel EX since we first threw a leg over the 275+ version in 2016:
Here is the spec list for the $2900 mid level 2020 Fuel EX 7:
- Frameset: FrameAlpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travelForkRockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travelRear suspensionFox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210×52.5mm
- Wheels: WheelsBontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separatelyTiresBontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29×2.40˝
- Drivetrain: ShiftersSRAM NX Eagle, 12 speedRear derailleurSRAM NX Eagle, Roller Bearing ClutchCrankSRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct MountBottom bracketSRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mmCassetteSRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speedChainSRAM NX EaglePedalsNot included
- Components: SaddleBontrager ArvadaSeatpostDropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6mm, internal routingHandlebarBontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm widthGripsBontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-onStemBontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degreeHeadsetKnock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottomBrakesetShimano MT400 hydraulic disc
- Weight: WeightM – 14.29 kg / 31.5 lbs (with tubes)